Sunday, September 28, 2008

oh eBay, you tease!

You'll have to excuse the radio silence this past week. I've been on a sojourn in eBay-land and have only just returned from the far ends. It got ugly, but ultimately I return triumphant, loaded up with pressies and gems for you! Well, actually... for me. Check out my (would-be) new outfit, starting from the bottom up:



Lovely vintage Etienne Aigner brown leather boots
—my favorite longtime eBay addiction (along with Danish modern furniture, but that's another blog altogether).


Black ruffled pintuck crepe dress from the seller Philadelphia Clothing Finds - some may say it's a bit morbid, I say it's beautiful and I want it on me now!


Sensing a theme? Yeah, I want to go back to 1978 and be a Republican war widow. But this Etienne Aigner wine-colored handbag, well, it goes with the boots. So.



And to top it off, a vintage pendant to go with the vintage purse, vintage dress, and vintage shoes.

I don't know where I would be wearing this outfit - a funeral, the mall?

A few other neat things I will be considering:


This black and white vintage-inspired scalloped dress.



Navy leather Etienne Aigner shoulder bag (I realize I have a problem).


Red jumper!


More Aigner - this time, kitten heeled black boots. Unfortunately, I already have a pair very similar, so this one's for you!

Agh! Well. I think it's time to wrap up what could easily be an eternal post, and I think the Aigner well has run dry anyway. Happy ebaying!

1 comment:

zan said...

I have a vintage wine-colored Etienne Aigner purse and I love it. It's a little worse for the wear, but still a great staple in my purse wardrobe. Definitely suitable for the mall.