Thursday, September 18, 2008

Spree for me

I'm going shopping this weekend, I decided - it's fall, after all. As I keep saying. So in preparation for the big day, I decided I'd stroll over to Gap.com and give the old girl a fresh glance. I figured since they had their worst fiscal year ever last year, they might have some cool new stuff up to get the juices flowing again. They totally don't, not even a little bit.

I didn't really have a point there, just that the Gap is not looking so good. Or maybe my taste has changed. Never mind, I'll go elsewhere! Where, I don't know. I need your help:

I want a pink or blue button down work shirt in a thick (broadcloth?) cotton, you know what I mean? It's a little hard to tell by looking at a shirt online whether it's the texture I want. So I won't bother with pictures.

And I want a skirt with a wide waist and a bit of a flounce just at the hipbones below the waist, not too short but not too long either. I want to describe it as a "teacup skirt" and have even gone so far as to google that phrase, but by doing so I realized that I made it up in my own mind. But you know what I mean, right? The skirt itself may not actually exist, either...

Since I seem to be fancying myself a bomber jacket, I found this one that I like better than yesterday's bomber jacket (it also seems to share some traits with letterman's jackets, no?)


I also continue my lifelong search for cool plaid pants that I can wear to work. In searching for some, I came across no plaid, but instead some decent brown corduroys at urban which I like:


(And just for a laugh, I entreat you to take a look at the incredible clown-school-reject-inspired pants selection at urbanoutfitters.com.)

Bet you ten to one I'll end up finding none of these things and buying some other, cheaper impulse purchase crap that will fall apart in a matter of weeks. Wish me and my resolve the best of luck!